Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Kids Don't Walk

Every noticed that? They skip, jump, dance, twirl, hop, gallop, etc… but rarely does a child just take one plain old step after the other when they are genuinely happy.  And if there’s a pond, puddle or fountain, they have to go through, in or over. I recently watched a little boy walking with his mom doing this funny little side step/hop thing back and forth with this huge grin on his face. It looked like they were just heading into the grocery store but he gave the impression he was thrilled just to BE. I love that.

C'mon, run through the fountain with me!
I’m going to take my cue from them and add a bit more bounce to my step. Maybe I’ll even skip now and then (once I find a good sports bra). If it’s true what they say, that portraying the emotion you want to feel on the outside can make you actually feel it on the inside, I’m going to plaster happy all over me. So if you see a woman skipping down the streets of Portland with her groceries, with a big goofy grin on her face, it just might be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment