Monday, January 21, 2013

Just Another Marvelous Monday

For some reason today I’m feeling an increased sense of accomplishment and desire to make things happen. Instead of watching crap tv while I had my coffee, I started my schoolwork right away. I got through a lot of information, had a crazy healthy smoothie, made a healthy lunch (with a ton of veggies) with more than enough leftovers for yummy healthy dinner options, I tidied up and organized a few things, prepped my running items, and still have time to spare before my 4:15 appt. I had determined last week that I needed to treat the days I am not at the ad office as work days instead of three extra lazy Sundays a week. But I’ve ‘decided’ things like that before without following through. So what’s different now? I’m over halfway through my studies at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. I have a peer coach I’m answering to and coaching. I have a running partner to meet up with at a definite time. After spending 15 years or so at stressful jobs (the last five years almost sending me over the edge) maybe it just took me 4 months of self indulgence and relaxation to recuperate before I could focus on making ME happen. I’ve made drastic changes in my primary food, namely my spiritual practice, my career choices and my education. I’ve made a conscious effort to limit negativity in my life, encouraging my friends to focus on the positive, changing communication options affecting my attitude and focus. I’ve had great conversations in the last week alone with a couple friends who are boldly making moves to focus on the positive even though life may have recently thrown them lemons (really, really rotten lemons). I’ve even asked people for help, which is something I was not raised to do.Through school and my own research I’ve learned of people who made things happen because they determined what was important in their lives and followed through instead of having that dictated to them. I know I can make good things happen for me, but not if I’m making only half-hearted attempts at changing what is not working. I’m not sure which of the above has made me feel so much more different today than I have in a long time (hell, maybe it’s just that the sun is out and the days are visibly getting longer!) and part of me says not to care, just to run with it. I’m just afraid that if I don’t know what’s making it work, it’s not going to continue. Ooops, shut up old, negative, defeatist attitude! At this point I don’t think it matters, what matters is that I’m feeling completely different inside than I have in a long time. It’s only 3:15 pm and I’ve accomplished a lot today and that’s made me feel so great that I feel like getting even more done. I even feel like tackling my taxes!! So, here’s what is going to happen:

1.  I’m going to keep up with my exercise. Why? When I walk or run outside, I love the feeling I get of freedom and the beautiful sights of nature mixed into my beautiful city. I love knowing that I’m getting stronger with each swing of the kettlebell.
2.  I’m going to continue my healthy eating. Why? I really do feel better and hurt less when I eat right, my clothes fit better and my stomach doesn’t make weird noises during conference calls.
3.  I’m going to keep up with my schoolwork. Why? It’s actually REALLY interesting and the sooner I can make a career out of what I’m learning, the sooner I can earn $$$$$$!
4.  I’m going to do my taxes. Why? Hmmm, that’s a hard one...hey, maybe I’ll get a refund!!
5.  I’M GOING TO MEXICO WITH MY LOVING HUSBAND AND WONDERFUL FRIENDS! Why? I can’t keep putting off a trip I’ve dreamed about for two years (since returning from Mexico LAST time) because I’m so worried about finances. I make the plans and then be sure I earn the dough. and Why else? SUN, SAND, SEA with my Love and what else does there need to be?

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! We're going to Mexico!!! Wait... not till next year, huh? But we're still going!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete